Coconut & Chocolate Pies

Coconut & Chocolate Pies
Made w/Double Filling & Mile High Meringue

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October 20, 2010

Hey Yall !

I'm just now getting on here because it has been one heck of a day! I hit the floor running this morning and haven't stopped yet. Peyton spent the night with me last night. He said he wanted to stay because we are getting ready to go to Iowa and will be gone over a week.  It really wouldn't have made him any difference if I was going out of town or not.  He still would want to spend the night.  Ya gotta love those little ones !  I got him off to school this morning and then my day began full speed ahead.  He is one of those that doesn't like to eat when he first gets up, so he never eats breakfast before school.  I really wished he would because I truly believe they do so much better in class if they eat breakfast.  And I really don't care what they eat, just as long as they eat something.  But, he just isn't one to eat when he first gets up, so what can you do?  When my kids were growing up, I always tried to get them to eat some sort of breakfast.  I remember making those cute little pancakes that I cut into shapes out of cookie cutters.  Then adding chocolate chips, marshmallows, orange slices etc. to make faces.  They got a kick out of those for awhile but then soon lost interest as usual. 

I got the house straightened up this morning, washed a couple loads of clothes, did a little ironing then went to have my nails done and had my eyebrows waxed.  I'm here to tell yall, I have never been one of those to wax anything, it just hurts too dadgum bad for my liking.  But every once and awhile I will have my eyebrows done.  I'm one of those that have the unibrow thing going on...LOL  So I figured since we were going to this fancy wedding I probably should have that done.  I know one thing, I nearly come up out of that chair everytime I have it done and swear, I'll never do it again !!  Go figure !  Then it was back home to get more things done and a little more ironing for our trip.  I think I'm done with the ironing....thank goodness!  Then after checking my messages, once again I was reminded how very fortunate and blessed I am to have such great friends.  I won't go into detail, but I will say I thank God everyday for my friends, I am so blessed ! 

Since we are getting ready to leave on Thursday, I'm doing my best not to cook things that will create a lot of leftovers for us.  And trust me.....that is hard for me!  So, tonight I think we will have breakfast for supper.  We love that.  Fred is like Peyton as far as not wanting to eat when he first gets up, but he does enjoy breakfast food.  So breakfast for supper is great for him.  He loves eggs and I can fix them just about any way and he will eat them.  I will either make hash browns or grits then sliced tomatoes.  When Fred and I married he had never eaten grits so that was a new experience for him.  When I was a child, I didn't care for grits at all.  But like everyone else, as we grow older our tastes changes, now I love them!  Of course when I fix breakfast, I love to have biscuits and cream gravy.....Yummy !  I have a recipe for a hashbrown casserole that is so good.  In fact, the recipe is a copy recipe of Cracker Barrel's Restuarnt .  If you have ever eaten at a Cracker Barrel, you might have eaten this hash brown casserole. 

Speaking of that casserole, my stepdaughter is having a lunch/brunch at her house on Sunday, the day after the wedding.  She has asked me to not only prepare the meal, but wants a Cheesey Potato Casserole.  I told her that there are soooooooo many recipes out there for that type of recipe, to just let me know which one she wants and told her about Cracker Barrel's recipe.  For that meal we will be having a Spiral Baked Ham, Cheesey Potato Casserole, Sweet Potatoes (Ryan's request and favorite) and my Green Beans.  My Green Beans was a special request of Angie's.  All my family seem to enjoy my beans, so as we all say....."if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!  So, I just continue to prepare them the same way.  Since their wedding cake will be so large (7 Layers), we are almost sure there will be plenty left, so we will have wedding cake for dessert.  The meal sounds like a good deal to me, it won't be hard to make and we will be able to visit while Angie and Ryan open their gifts.  Then the week will begin with Fred and I staying with the kids while the bride and groom go on their honeymoon.  I think I've told yall, that all three of the kids have put in their request for certain things, so my week will be busy trying to oblige them...LOL.  They love Nonie's cooking and I sure am glad !

When we return the month of Novemeber will be upon us and the holidays begin.  I will be making all kinds of goodies and start freezing them.  So, yall don't forget to share some of your holiday goodie recipes with us too.  Now, I don't know about Yall, but I am not a big fan of Fruit Cake.....YUK !  Yep, I said YUK ! LOL.  But I have seen many types of different fruit cakes and some of them don't even taste like a fruit cake.  So, if any of you have a good fruit cake recipe, especially one that doesn't taste or look like fruit cake, please do share them with us. 

Well, guess I had better scoot for now and get supper/breakfast going.  Yall have a good one and hopefully I will get to post again, before we leave. 
"Happy Eating" !

Muahhhhhhhhhhhh ♥

Peanut Butter Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment