Coconut & Chocolate Pies

Coconut & Chocolate Pies
Made w/Double Filling & Mile High Meringue

Saturday, October 9, 2010

October 9, 2010

Good Morning !

Well, here it is almost noon and I still haven't got my motor running good yet. I'm trying though, just taking me awhile.  I never sleep any later than about 7a.m. but I was bound and determined I was going to this morning, but that didn't work either.  Blair decided it was time to get up to play and go outside, so I hit the floor.  Then she just walked around outside, gazing at all the trees and sniffing every blade of grass she could see, to find the very perfect one to do her business on.  That dog is something else to say the least. 

Believe it or not, I'm taking day off from cooking today.  Can ya believe it?  Not me!  I have so much I need to do around here, then we are leaving about 3:30 to go to a wedding that will be held about 5 p.m. Good Lord...it's gonna be hot out there.  They said on the news it will be up to 93 degrees about 5 o'clock and that is the same time as the wedding.  What makes it so bad is, the wedding will be held outside in a dadgum pasture !  Yep !  A pasture !! That outta tell you what kind of friends and family we have, that they have weddings in a pasture...LOL.  Oh well...ya gotta love them !  The boy that is getting married is a friend of my kids, they went to school with.  He has begged me to come, so I am going !  Now, here we go from attending a wedding in a pasture to attending my stepdaughter 's wedding in a fancy hotel.  What extreme's I live !  I'm sure they both will be so nice and it makes no difference where or how you are married, either way...you are married !! 

So, by the time I get home it will probably be too late to cook, or at least I think it will be.  We will end up eating leftovers or sandwiches.  It's a good thing I have such a good husband that doesnt' mind leftovers or sandwiches.  Bless his heart, he is so easy going and doesn't let a whole lot bother him. We have only been married 5 1/2 yrs and I couldn't get over how easy going he was, especially when it came to pleasing me.  What's up with that, I thought? LOL.  Whatever it is...I LIKE IT !  Of course we will have some of those cheeseburger patties left from last night, so who knows....maybe cheeseburgers again!  I told ya, we don't mind leftovers .  Oh....I gave my litle neighbor some of that Fudge Swirled Peanut Butter Pie last night and she said it was so good, but it was so rich and sweet it made her ears ring...oops ! My hubby said that type of pie should be cut into slices like they serve cheesecake...very thin !! 

Well, guess I had better get going around here or I'll be going to this wedding with my hair in a pony tail, shorts and flip flops on.  I do hope yall have a great weekend and hope that you have some fall weather too.  I thought we were finally in fall weather here, but guess not with temps at 93 degrees! 

Muahhhhhhhhhh ♥

Fresh Fig Cake

2 comments:

  1. Want everyone to know that I live next door to Carol and I get the pleasure of sampling a lot of her food (especially the sweets) and they have all been wonderful. During the summer my daughter and I go to Wisconsin for about a month and every year Carol has fed my husband at least one of her dishes. He absolutely loves them. She is a sweet person and I definitely couldn't ask for better neighbors. Thanks Carol for the food, the recipes and most important the friendship. You really are just like my "southern momma" Love you, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaawwwwww Shucks !! Christy you make me cry with your sweet comments. You know I'm more than happy to share anything I have with you. You always make me feel so special ! Love you too, Baby !!

    ReplyDelete